Roof Restorations Robina
Roof Restorations Robina. Signs that shoes are placing wearers at risk of slips, trips and falls include shoes with:
- treads that are regularly clogged with contaminants (tread not suited to the contaminant)
- soles that are very smooth, but tasks and environment require moving across smooth, polished floors that may have contaminants
high heels with small contact areas when tasks require walking over uneven ground, sloped surfaces, handling heavy loads or rapid movements on contaminated floors
- loose fittings such as sandals or rubber thongs that are not well fastened around the foot
- worn out treads or soles that no longer provide grip.
The right shoe : Roof Restorations Robina
- cushions the foot – the midsole is the main part of the shoe that provides cushioning. Surprisingly, shoes don’t reduce the force that goes through the body all that much. But they do increase the time taken for that force to apply, so the body has time to adapt
- supports the foot – your shoe should aid the alignment of your foot when it touches the ground
- feels comfortable – your shoe should feel immediately comfortable from the first wear
- fits well – make sure you have at least 1‒1.5cm at the end of the shoe. It should be wide enough and long enough to fit your feet. The shoe should feel snug but not tight.
Reducing your Personal Risk Factors
Our bodies change constantly throughout our lives. Normal ageing involves:
Poorer eyesight – we may find we can’t see quite as clearly, are less able to judge distances and depth or can’t cope with sudden changes in light levels or glare. Worse balance, weaker muscles and stiffer joints, which change the way we walk and move around. Roof Restorations Robina
Less feeling in the feet and legs, increased likelihood of pain and even changes to the shape and flexibility of our feet. Slower reaction times and more difficulty concentrating on several things at the one time.
When it comes to looking after your health, it’s easy to forget about your feet. But healthy feet are an important part of your overall wellbeing. Foot problems can have a huge impact on your quality of life. If they occur, podiatrists can help. Roof Restorations Robina
What does a podiatrist do?
Podiatrists are experts in foot, ankle and lower limb health. They can help to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions including:
- ingrown toenails
- heel and arch pain
- skin problems
- balance issues