Roof Restorations Broadbeach Waters
Workplace Health & Safety
Roof Restorations Broadbeach Waters. If you run a business you need to make sure there are safe work practices and appropriate safety equipment in place.
Work health and safety (WHS) – sometimes called occupational health and safety (OH&S) – involves the management of risks to the health and safety of everyone in your workplace. This includes the health and safety of anyone who does work for you as well as your customers, visitors and suppliers.
It may initially cost money and time to implement safe practices and install safety equipment but is critical to the success of your business. Not taking action could also result in prosecution, fines and loss of your skilled staff.
Creating a safe work environment is a legal requirement. It’s also critical to the long term success of your business and can: Roof Restorations Broadbeach Waters
- help you keep your staff
- improve staff productivity
- reduce injury and illness in the workplace
- reduce the costs of injury and workers’ compensation.
You must put health and safety practices in place as soon as you start your business. Under Australian WHS laws your business must ensure the health and safety of your workers and not put the health and safety of other people at risk. To do this you must:
- provide a safe work environment
- provide and maintain safe machinery and structures
- provide safe ways of working
- ensure safe use, handling and storage of machinery, structures and substances
- provide and maintain adequate facilities
- provide any information, training, instruction or supervision needed for safety
- monitor the health of workers and conditions at the workplace.
The Government, employers and unions developed the OH&S Act through talking and working together. Roof Restorations Broadbeach Waters
The Act allows employers and employees to deal with workplace health and safety through consultation (discussion) and co-operation (team work). Consultation between employers and employees in workplaces is very important. The Act encourages discussion, particularly through employee health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees, made up of both management and employee representatives.
Under the Act, everyone involved with work has responsibilities for occupational health and safety.
Roof Restorations Broadbeach Waters Gold Coast